Are you in your 50's and thinking about life insurance? If so, you have come to the right place. We'll explain how it works and how you can get the best coverage to keep your family safe and secure. After all, that's our mission!
Who Needs Coverage?
Affordable life insurance over 50 may be needed for a variety of reasons. Some of the more common reasons are:
- To replace lost income and protect a spouse and/or children
- To protect a special needs child (or adult child)
- To pay off a mortgage and/or other debt
- To pay for college tuition
- To leave money to keep your business going
- To pay for final expenses
- To pay for estate taxes
- To pay for whatever you need it for!
There are as many reasons for coverage as there are people on the planet...ok maybe a few less, but whatever your reasons are, once you have your policy in force, you and your family will have this important protection.
Getting A Quote
As you probably know there are many different quote engines available on line. Some are better than others, but none of them are as good as talking to an independent agent.
Some quote engines ask for some health information, others don't. The more info in the better the quote out. But, and this is a big but, these quote engines have a limited number of insurance companies, and they don't ask all of the important questions.
This is where an independent agent is your best bet. An independent agent has many insurance companies available. They are not tied to one carrier like captive agents are. This is good for you because they can find you the best company for your personal situation. Every company has an underwriting guide and they use this to determine your rating. (Your rating determines the premium you will pay.)
Your agent will consider the factors that will affect your rating and determine which insurance company is likely to give you the best rating. A quote engine absolutely can't do this! Your agent may have an independent underwriter to consult if you are a more difficult case. Obviously, the more medical issues you have the more complex underwriting your application will be.
How to Get Coverage
When you use an agent, they will help you all through application process and beyond. The next step is getting your application done and having your paramedical exam. Here's how we do it:
- We take your application and type it up for your signature
- We have the examiner come to you
- We give you thorough instructions so that you get the best possible results on your exam
- We monitor your application through underwriting and assist in getting all requirements in to the underwriter in a timely manner
- We keep you informed every step of the way
- We make sure you complete any requirements to put your policy in force before the offer expires
- We are your agent for life. If you have any questions or need any assistance, we are here to help. (Just see what our clients say!)
Your agent's job is to get you the most affordable coverage over 50 available. Do it the easy way, use an independent life insurance agent!
The Bottom Line
Seniors over 50 need life insurance for many different reasons. We all want to get the best coverage at the best price. To do that you need an independent life insurance agent who works for you. Get what you need at the best price and have peace of mind!